The Green Light

10.5.07

Home Again, Home Again...

It is so nice to be home!
Monday night and Tuesday were sort of surreal, as I unpacked into a new room and settled into a new house. And Tuesday, I clipped aparagus in our vegetable garden, took care of the chicks in the barn, and did laundry in the barn as barn swallows fought for a nest above my head. It's such a different environment - I love it. I woke up yesterday morning and the back yard was filled with mist coming in off the lake, with the early morning sunlight coming through - you just don't see that in Manhattan.
And now I'm back at the Arboretum. As I process memberships and answer phones and help make events happen (yes, all since yesterday), I find it hard to believe it's been eight months since I last did all this. I really love working here, I love that they know me and I know how things work. The view out my window isn't too shabby either.
Another nice aspect of being home is a certain boy, a boy I am very happy to see everyday (or most days at least) for the next 4 months. Enough of this long distance crap.
So I'm eating a hoagie (I MISSED WAWA), and registering people for the cocktail party here tonight. And I'm pretty much blissful. If only it weren't so humid...

Now when can I see everyone??

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home