The Green Light

28.4.07

Starting Over

So after observing the rate at which my friends continue to blog in conjunction with the months of empty pages in my journal, I've decided to start over here. There's always a lot to say. So here I go, new title, new template, back in action.

The title comes from The Great Gatsby, which everyone who knows me knows is my favorite thing that has ever been written and I've read it more times than I can keep track of anymore. The green light is a dream, a wish, an optimism that will never be achieved but will always be almost in reach. I know everyone has a green light. I have many. There is a sadness to green lights, as you know (whether you believe it is a different story) that it will never come to fruition. But without our dreams we are shells. Living in New York, I've come across so many hollow people, people who have lost sight of any path. I never want to be that person. Which is why I'm glad it's almost summer and I can escape from the buzz of Manhattan and reconnect with normalcy. I missed out on a lot of last summer because I was stuck in between lives, none of which I completely fit into. I hope that I can make up for lost time this year.

Now, I have term papers to write.
I think I can, I think I can...


"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we'll run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And one fine morning ---"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home