The Green Light

3.5.07

Late Night Ramblings

I am so ready to be home. Even though home isn't actually where it used to be, that whole "Home is where the heart is" deal is actually accurate. I miss my stuff. I miss my people. I miss my pets. And I'm ready for the new things. Waking up to wisteria blooming out my window. Baby chicks who need love and attention. Singing and dancing and acting again. Commuting. I'm ready for all the summer classics. Having a tan (via a sunburn). Ocean City. Water in the pool. Wiffle ball. Burgers on the grill. Late nights that turn into early mornings. Bonds that always seem deeper than in the fall.
I've handed in all my final papers, all that's left is a Psych final on Monday. Until then, I'll keep myself occupied by packing and studying. And tomorrow (which is actually today at this point), a very very dear friend is coming to visit and see Spider-Man at midnight. Very good.

It's strange how you form relationships in college. People start out as strangers and in less than two years you're crying when they leave for the summer. Other people start out as enemies for idiotic reasons and wind up as dear friends that you can't explain but can't do without. It's the sort of relationship that neither of you will ever verbalize its importance, but the long talks every few weeks are more important than all the chit chat in between. So here's to peace treaties.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home