The Green Light

14.2.06

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'd just like to wish you, the readers of my blog, and I suppose my blog itself, a very happy Valentine's Day.
It's my first Valentine's Day with a sweetheart since I was 12. And I find myself surprisingly sad that I can't spend it with him. I mean, it's just a day, right? And we're romantic all the time, so it's not like I'm missing out on my one chance for romance. It's just that today, the world falls into two categories: in love and bitter. There really isn't a middle ground. And I fall into the first category. And everyone else in my category is spending time with the one they love today. For just one day, society deems it acceptable to be openly in love, to kiss in the street, to be silly in love. And I guess I wish I could be a part of it. But at the end of the day, it's just Tuesday. And I know I'm in love, and I'm loved back. And I guess that's all that really matters.

6 Comments:

  • of course that's what really matters! And I love you too, so that... matters... too?

    ps i like how you chose valentines-y themed colors for the words that have to do with love. it made me happy.

    By Blogger hannah, At February 14, 2006 at 6:32 PM  

  • It's a good thing I like chocolate.

    And the color red.

    By Blogger Tilly, At February 14, 2006 at 6:39 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Tilly, At February 14, 2006 at 6:40 PM  

  • And I truly am happy for you. Ever since that night I stayed out in the car, I knew this whole endeavor would be a force to be reckoned with, and I'm glad you two have proved me right. (=

    We should see each other soon!

    The above 'post' was this one only I had forgotten a word, so it didn't make any sense.

    By Blogger Tilly, At February 14, 2006 at 6:42 PM  

  • Strongly disagree with the comment that there is in love or bitter. There's satisfied, content, otherwise occupied, indifferent. Although nothing can compare to being in love, there is a range of emotions and mental and emotional states between in love and bitter. And for those of us lacking the love, maybe one should be considerate before making such large distinctions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 15, 2006 at 2:32 AM  

  • I recognize that there are other emotions involved with the day. But for the purpose of making a point I made a generalization based on what this corporate holiday has created. Terribly sorry to insult you, Anonymous.

    By Blogger Heather, At February 15, 2006 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home