The Green Light

13.9.05

Philly, yo

Ok, who here thought I was going to leave Philly and never come back because I wanted to get out of there so badly?

Yeah, me too.

Turns out, I'm a Philadelphian to the core. I can't wait to go back. I love Philadelphia and I'm going to be one of those people who leaves for college but can't seem to leave for good.

Where did this come from? I don't know. Yesterday, as I wandered up and down Broadway in search of a copy of the New York Times (not an easy feat, strangely enough), it just sort of hit me: I am a Philadelphian.

And proud of it.

This revelation was solidified by the Eagles game last night (let's not talk about the outcome, ok?). I went down to watch it with Nora, and it made me more homesick than ever. I miss watching the game with all of my friends, I miss being surrounded by people wearing green on a game day. I want to be back in the midst of all that crazy Philly spirit.

It's some of the best spirit you can get.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home