The Green Light

29.8.05

Home is where the heart is?

How did I get here? I thought this was exactly where I wanted to be, but now I just want to curl up in bed and wait until Thanksgiving when I can be with the people I know and love and not be terrified and overwhelmed. I've lost track of how many anxiety attacks I've had since I got here. I keep telling myself to wait it out, it's bound to get easier, everyone feels like this. But I can't stay convinced for long before I fall apart again. NYU was my dream - it is my dream, isn't it? I just miss being secure and sure of things, knowing my way around, having more than two friends in a city. But I have to say thank you to my loved ones who have dealt with me crying over the phone at all hours - I don't think I'd make it without your support and undying faith in me.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home . . .

5 Comments:

  • aw, heather! this will pass, I assure you. Once you get your footing again, you'll remember all there is to love about where you are right now. If you ever need to talk, I'm pretty much never busy, haha, so gimme a call.

    By Blogger hannah, At August 29, 2005 at 8:56 PM  

  • Hetaher I love you so much! What Han says is true, so there may be some repetition in the following...
    a) your friends and family will always be more than happy to be there for you. In fact, thats why they're there to begin with.
    b) I know that soon you will remember how much you love New York. You once said it was your air. It still is, I know, but from the other side, it just takes some getting used to.
    c) I don't think there is any better blog entry than one that combines feelings with Wizard of Oz refrences.

    I love you so much Heather! I know you can do this. Call if you ever need to. Or want to, for that matter.

    By Blogger Ellie, At August 30, 2005 at 1:23 AM  

  • It will all be OK - you will see.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 30, 2005 at 9:21 AM  

  • i love u baby! Everything will be okay soon. I will be with u in NY on Friday and I am just gonna hold u and comfort u the entire weekend. I am going to be with you forever. Just u wait see

    By Blogger Jon, At August 30, 2005 at 8:54 PM  

  • HEATHER I LOVE U!



    . . . . nuff said

    By Blogger Lina, At August 30, 2005 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home