The Green Light

25.10.05

Blessed Saint Michael

So, I just watched the tape of The Lark. For the first time. And all I can say is wow. I am so proud right now - proud of myself for conquering that role, proud of my fellow Players for the amazing strides they took, proud to have been a part of something so amazing. As I watched it, I was so struck by the talent on that stage. None of us were the people I know and love - we were the characters we had taken on. I loved that show, I loved being on stage with some incredible talents who were also my dear friends. Steve's voice is one of the most incredible tools I've ever come across. Tillman still terrified me, even on the bad quality DVD player on my computer. His hands were like fluid, sweeping over a scene and describing every emotion with a single motion. Joe embodied innocence and strength. Danny amazed me, and not only because he knew his lines - he was a haunted man. Hal somehow made me laugh and cry in that seemingly endless scene that I grew to love. David was my dear friend and soldier, his gruff voice will forever echo. Mike and Bob - well, damn, way to be evil (and still be the nicest guys in the world). Jon had about three lines, but did anyone notice the quality of the tone? Monty was as much a character as when he was the Hare, but channeled it into an incredibly moving portrait. And Jeff - that moment in the prison will be with me forever. And all the rest who helped illuminate that stage - thank you. You know, I still know every word. Every last one.
And I still know every last corner of that shaky old building that was my home for so long. I miss the Rec so badly, I miss everything about it. The freezing bathrooms, the smell of hoagies, the deafening fans, the phantom light flickers, the sweltering heat in the loft, the overflowing dumpster, the holes, the wood, the smell. And the people. The love. I was so afraid of leaving the Rec - I was terrified of losing it. It's clearer than ever now that I never could. It's a part of me as much as my arm or leg - I wouldn't function without it. So I'm not going to lose it, but I'm so sad to not be on that stage anymore. I still notice on Monday and Wednesday when it's 6:30, and wish I was at rehearsal. I will always love Players, though the times, they are a changin'. I will always have my mark there.
Make it sparkle.
Make it shine.
Give 'em hell.

I know I always will.

5 Comments:

  • oh my, deja vu.....

    i dont think that you (bieng part of it) realised how great this was... in drama class today, we talked about exaples of great acting, from anything, movies plays, whatever. and do you know what 1 example was... the whole cast from the lark, so many great things happened.

    anyway, i know my favorite scene...
    "how did i do that time? was the chair in the right spot?" goodtimes, goodtimes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 26, 2005 at 4:21 PM  

  • MIS, MIS, GEH my darling. You guys were AMAZING in that play...not to mention all the others. You will always be a part of the rec, just as it will always be a part of you...

    By Blogger Frankie, At October 26, 2005 at 5:46 PM  

  • heather i miss you so much and so does the rec! you left such a strong impression on the rec and the people there ESPECIALLY ME! i love you hunny your my hero aka my idol!

    By Blogger Lina, At October 26, 2005 at 9:02 PM  

  • GO READ MY BLOG.

    Because God, Heather... I just can't find the words to tell you how much I love you. (Which results in me blabbering... like my "infinitely cool" speech.)

    So... I love you.

    all the way from a-z!

    love, el

    By Blogger Ellie, At October 26, 2005 at 11:37 PM  

  • MIS MIS GEH

    By Blogger Ellie, At October 26, 2005 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home