The Green Light

23.5.05

A passionate man, and so sincere . . .

Ok, so two passions of mine that have for whatever reason been hiding out recently have come back to life in the past few days.
I went to the Electric Factory on Friday to see Rachael Yamagata (well, it was a Ryan Adams show, but I was there for the opening act). She's just amazing, truly truly breathtaking music. Her songwriting abilities are incredible, and seeing the passion with which she can deliver them live was so awesome. And for the first time in a long time, I wanted to write a song. I haven't written a song in ages, but seeing her up there, I was like, "Yeah, I should be doing that." We waited around by the Merchandise table to meet her, and I'm so glad I did. She's just as cool in person as her songs make her seem. I told her that she'd inspired me to start writing again. Her response: "That's awesome. Do it. Fucking do it!" And the note on my CD from her: "Always be in love." That's good songwriting advice. So I started a new song, and I am pretty into it. It's so nice to have that part of me brought back to life.
Passion number two: NEW YORK, NEW YORK. I hadn't been thinking about next year that much, but all of a sudden I've gotten a huge surge of excitement. College is going to be amazing, but New York is going to be even more amazing. I can't wait to be a part of that action, a part of the force that is NYC.

4 Comments:

  • That's awesome. Ellie and I are working on a song together right now, which we're really excited about. (It's from the poem on my blog, which we decided would make a cool song) You should definitely get into it again.

    oh, and I'm really jealous you got to go to that concert - my friend Emily was going to get me tickets and take me for my birthday, but they were sold out by the time she remembered. Glad you had fun though.

    By Blogger hannah, At May 23, 2005 at 4:57 PM  

  • Oh merchanidse man!
    cool guy! he gave us food

    -LOVEEE your concert Buddy
    annie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 24, 2005 at 8:29 PM  

  • songwriting= amazing

    new york= THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.

    I am so happy for you! It sounds like things are going great, and I can't think of a person who deserves that more. I love you!

    By Blogger Ellie, At May 27, 2005 at 8:51 AM  

  • Hehe...I just remembered that you're title for this post was a line that was talking about me...

    Haha...I'm such a fool.

    By Blogger Tilly, At May 31, 2005 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home