The Green Light

17.4.05

My Senior Prom

oh, prom.
i survived. somehow.
i'm still not really sure that i went. june is going to appear and i'll be wondering why i missed my senior prom.
i mean, i got groomed - nails, hair. that was cool.
and there was dancing. that was pretty neat.
the food was kinda weird.
there were shirley temples. sweet.
everyone was all pretty and stuff.
they played styx.
and the who.
i did cotton eye joe in my three inch heels. i was proud.
a ghost tried to kill us in the girls' bathroom by shattering glass. that was creepy.
people hooked up. people fought. people laughed, people cried. people missed out on sleep.
we got clocks.
. . .
yeah.


so now that that's over with, time to resume reality. i move that we nix the damage control portion of proma - monday morning is hard enough without the added headache of jealousy and bitterness over one night that in the long run will do little to define us. i miss reality! please help me to rediscover it with the least amount of irreparable damage.

2 Comments:

  • Oh there must be drama, and you know why? because we got to CHA/SS and drama is what we do best. But who cares, in the end we got what we wanted and everything went back to normal Sunday morning. =)

    By Blogger Jon, At April 17, 2005 at 11:18 PM  

  • So I guess the main reason I'm jealous about not going to prom was that I missed out on the shirley temples.

    As for reality, I'm not sure how I feel about it. We have a sort of love/hate relationship, Reality and I. But in the end, I guess it's all there is left - so we'll have to embrace it.

    By Blogger hannah, At April 18, 2005 at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home