The Green Light

25.9.05

Homecoming

So I went home.

Meg told me that going home had made it easier to be here - knowing that life went on there, but our lives are here now. I though I'd have a meltdown and not be able to get on the train coming back here. But Meg was right. Life is going on in Chestnut Hill without me. Laurelei is still singing, Players is still doing shows. And I have a life here that I was glad to come back to this afternoon.

It was a great weekend though. It was oh-so nice to see everyone - teachers, "underclassmen", my friends who have scattered. It was nice to see that Germantown Avenue will never really change. It was nice to see my family and snuggle with my pets. It was nice to see my boy. It was nice to fall in love with him all over again under the stars in New Hope.

But now I'm back in the Big Apple, and I'm happy to be here. I can't wait for my next adventure.

2 Comments:

  • And we "underclassmen" loved seeing you. I had a blast, Heather, and I am so proud of you and all you're doing in New York. Yes Laurelei will keep singing and there'll always be anothewr players show... but know that they will never quite be the same without you.

    Well, not to me anyway.

    I love you!!
    ellie

    By Blogger Ellie, At September 25, 2005 at 8:45 PM  

  • yes i second all that ellie said because you rock my life and i love you more than cheese and chocolate and that rock over there. . .ur awesome and im beyond proud of u that u decided to stay in the big apple even tho i wish i could keep u in the loft at the rec all for myself. . . thats not wierd at all. . . .

    love lina

    By Blogger Lina, At September 26, 2005 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home