The Green Light

29.10.04

once in a lifetime

on wednesday night, we (chamber singers) sang with fredrica von stade. i can't fully explain it because i haven't fully realized how incredible an experience it was. once in a lifetime, you know? listening to her speak about he career in music, i had a sort of gut feeling, telling me that there's nothing i could possibly do with my life that would fulfill me the way a life of music would. i need to sing.

today is the halloween assembly at school, and the senior class is once again uniting to bring home the gold. the whole process of putting this together has put me in a very sentimental place. as much as i want to get the hell out of here, i can't imagine a day without my classmates. they really havebecome my family, my sisters, as cheesy and cliched as that is. we just click, we get along - we just plain like each other. the events of this year are making it so clear to me how amazing these girls are, and giving me that hint of hesitation every time i think about next year.

2 Comments:

  • Next on the list of incredible achievements you have made: Cabaret 2004

    You created a resumé that cannot be paralleled my dear.

    I couldn't agree more about Flicka, she was spellbinding. Laurelei was brilliant, anyone who's said a word to me about the concert makes sure that's mentioned. I can only hope I will lead Hilltones as well as you lead the girls. You're a role model for me, it's just becoming clearer and clearer. ;-)

    By Blogger Tilly, At October 29, 2004 at 10:49 PM  

  • Cuteness of Tilly's comment aside...

    Senior year is sort of the time to start taking things one day at a time. It works really well in many areas: when you are stressed cause you have so much to do, taking it a day at a time can make it better cause then you only have to do the work for today and maybe tomorrow, and ignore everything else. It also works well for stuff like what you're talking about - you get to absorb as much of the goodness as you can. So, knowing how much you are gonna miss your classmates, soak them up, and when the time comes you will be ready to leave them, knowing that you'll have enjoyed every moment of the time you had. :-D

    By Blogger Beetlebum, At October 30, 2004 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home