The Green Light

22.11.04

i need more time

oh man.
and here come the tears. . .
it hit me tonight that in three weeks, this show will be over. my last players fall show will be over. over. it's gone by too quickly. i need more time. i need so much more time.
all you alumns out there, answer me this: how do you leave players? how do you bring yourself to walk out of the rec?
i had a singing party in my car on the way home, going through the highlights from working. it seems like just yesterday i was a confused freshman who had no control over her hips, just yesterday that the mermaids fell over that rock in pan, just yesterday that we squealed at the sight of our patience gowns. when i first took up a powertool for lady. when i last gave my 'angel action' speech for laramie. when i dodged rogue dry ice in museum. when i picked up my script for this show. and further back ... didn't i just light up for the first time after watching the boyfriend?
and that's just one defining moment for each show. imagine the volumes i could fill with all these memories.

mis, mis, geh.

1 Comments:

  • She's right.

    We never leave Players. I won't lie...there is a hole there where acting should be. It's not completely filled by otb, because you know as well as I do that a cappella and acting are completely different. However, I'll say it again: we never leave. You will always have your memories and that's the best you can hope for (because you can't stay forever!). P.S. I want to see you over T-giving if you're around :)

    By Blogger Beetlebum, At November 23, 2004 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home