The Green Light

6.7.04

night shifts

I worked the night shift last night, and I'm doing so again tonight. While I'd prefer to work days, nights have their perks. Such as very few customers. And it's nice when the store is empty and you can wander around without worrying about running into someone wondering where the deoderant is. And for some reason, last night's shift went by really quickly. And I like having my days. Went up to the Avenue with Mom for lunch and wandering. It was really nice - and this weather is spectacular. I'd be in heaven if it were about 10 degrees cooler, but I can settle for this with a smile on my face.
Annie came to visit me at work yesterday. It was very nice to see a friendly face - you should all come!
In just eleven days I will be on my way to Belgium. I know I probably seem to be obsessing . . . well, I am. I've been starved of my home, my friends, my heart, my life - starved of all the things I love so much. And soon I'll be able to be whole again. I can't begin to describe how I feel when I'm there. I live instead of just existing.
Guster, Ben Folds, and Rufus Wainwright tomorrow night at Festival Pier! It's not sold out yet! Everyone should come out for this AWESOME show!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home