The Green Light

30.6.04

balance

went to new hope with mom last night to celebrate her being done with summer school. it was great - new hope is such a wonderful place. sitting outside for dinner was such a reminder of diest ... i can't wait! everything is reminding me of it ... and it's so soon!
but at the same time, i feel like i'm already running out of summer time. since i'm so concentrated on getting to belgium, i'm wishing away three weeks of time. and those three weeks aren't going to be all bad, either. i really love work (well, my co-workers at least), and when i get back, i'll only have about three weeks left with them.
i always have this battle between the future and present, and trying to balance them out. and so far, i haven't been able to find a happy medium. i'm either yearning for the future or content with the present, but i can't seem to find a way to be excited about both.

yesterday, i found how lovely little acts of kindness can be. go do something nice and unexpected for someone - it will probably make their day.

1 Comments:

  • Oh...the happy birthday post was from me (deb).

    I know exactly what you mean. I am wishing to go back to school so badly that I am skipping over two MONTHS of summer and time that could be fun. I dunno...I just feel like school is so much better than home....but I should also try to look forward to the things here...so there's my life story summed up, just to say that I know what you mean. Love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 4, 2004 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home