The Green Light

25.7.04

changes in perspective

well, a lot can happen in a short period of time. my perspective on things has been completely altered since my last post. for starters, i find myself to be over my love here.  after the craziness of just seeing him again had worn off, i could think about it all, and i've realized that he's an old friend who, though i still care for him, i enjoy spending time with, but nothing more. those feelings are just gone. and i know that it's because i'm no longer that girl in a confused place looking for affection - i've really come into my own, and i don't need his approval anymore. and i guess that's what so much of it was based on. at the same time, i couldn't have gotten to this comfort level with myself were it not for him. but yeah, it's the end of an era.
and plus, i have someone new to think about. someone real.
the other huge change in perspective is my newfound appreciation for what i have at home in the states. talking to some friends online yesterday made me incredibly homesick. and now that i have gotten rid of this burden of my heart being stuck in belgium, i'm really looking forward to being home, with the people i love, and being able to fully enjoy myself.
tomorrow, i head to amsterdam. i'll be sure to bring pot back for all of you. =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home