The Green Light

20.1.05

exams, energy

so we're facing exams. it's strange to find myself in my last set of exams ever at this school (well, there are always the impending APs in May to comfort me if i'm feeling lonely . . .). i can remember being a freshman going into my first set of upper school exams, being scared shitless, and seeing the seniors rejoice at the end of this ritual ... and being extremely jealous of them when i realized how many more exams were in my future. and now here i am, one of those relieved seniors. granted, i'll be more relieved when i've caught up on everything i missed due to this evil illness. but in about two weeks, i'll officially be a second semester senior. WOOHOO! i thought i'd never make it . . .
also in two weeks: a cappella fest. perhaps my favorite night of the year. why, you might ask, is it my favorite night of the year? the answer is quite simple, really. this is the one night of the year when i can almost taste my dreams they're so close. i'm really happy that i have a solo again this year. it's me, the mic, and hundreds of people in the audience, all lending me their attention for three minutes. and every year, this night reminds me that this is what i should be doing. and every year i get another ounce or so of confidence that i can. and every year, the energy of those three minutes fuels me for months. singing is like oxygen. hell, i'm singing now. i can't help myself. not that i want to . . .

1 Comments:

  • Actually...it's thousands. The legal limit for the Loeb is 1,000 I think...but they always manage to squeeze in a few more somehow.

    You're gonna be famous.

    By Blogger Tilly, At January 22, 2005 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home